Open Call is now closed, we received all in all 299 applications. Thank you for submitting your application!
We have sent an e-mail to all of you who applied about the current status of your application in the selection process. Please check you inbox – and possibly also the spam folder. If there is no message from us contact Katarina Lindholm, email@example.com.
The call for applications to the artistic programme and the application form opens on March 15, 2021.
You can save the application form and return to it later through the link sent to your email address. Once you send the application, you can no longer edit it.
Deadline for applications is Monday 19th April at 16.00 EEST (check your local time here: time.is).
General eligibility criteria
- Ice Hot is a platform for contemporary dance and choreography
- You have to be a professional artist or company living in or receiving support from at least one of the Nordic countries*
- The work you apply with needs to be intended for touring
- We accept only one application per company/artist/working group**
*Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Åland Islands
**artists working in several working groups can be included in several applications
Guidelines for applying
You can apply in ONE of the following categories – You CANNOT apply in both categories:
- Performance (1 production)
- More More More presentation (1 or several works)
A performance, either on stage or in a site-specific location. You can apply with only one production.
There are no deadlines for when the production needs to have premiered. However, in order to apply in the performance category you need to upload a technical rider, light plot and stage design in the application form. If you do not have these documents ready at the time of applying, you need to upload a preliminary plan of the technical rider in the application form. In this case, the final technical rider, light plot and stage design need to be provided at the latest by 15.8.2021.
- The production needs to be available to be performed at Ice Hot Helsinki 9-13.2.2022
- The production needs to be available for Nordic and international touring after February 2022
- You need to have a producer and/or a person responsible for technical matters to realize the presentation at Ice Hot Helsinki 2022 and for touring
More more more presentation
A 15-minute pitch presentation based on video aids (eg. PowerPoint) and speech, including dialogue with a moderator. You can apply with one production or a series of work. These can already have premiered, or they can be work-in-progress. You can also apply with an artistic idea that does not have a premiere date yet. Please note that the more information you provide the easier it will be for the jury to assess your work.
- 1-2 artist/company representatives need to be available to give the presentation in person at Ice Hot Helsinki 9.-13.2.2022.
- The production / idea must have the intent to be available for Nordic and international touring after February 2022.
Support and compensation for selected artists and companies
Ice Hot Helsinki will compensate for the performance based on the Finnish trade union’s collective agreement for theatre workers (counting in the performance, 1 rehearsal and side costs). A small compensation will be paid also for the More More More presentation. The compensations will be paid by invoicing.
For those travelling from outside the Helsinki capital area, Ice Hot Helsinki will also cover up to 4 nights stay, subsistence and travel costs to Helsinki. In the case of selected artists/companies to the More More More programme, we will cover these costs for max. 2 artist/company representatives. Ecological ways of travelling are encouraged.
In addition, all selected artists and companies will be offered tailored coaching services in connection with their participation in the Helsinki 2022 platform.
Any questions? Approach the Ice Hot partner representative closest to you:
Katarina Lindholm, firstname.lastname@example.org
Katja Seitajoki, email@example.com
Kirre Arneberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Denmark / Faroe Islands / Greenland:
Hanne Svejstrup, email@example.com
Ólöf Ingólfsdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any issues with the application form?
Contact Tanja Ahlsten: email@example.com or +358407798115