WONDERFUL SNÆFELLSNES – PRE TRIP DECEMBER 11TH – 12TH 2018
Snæfellsnes Peninsula is known as “Iceland in a nutshell” and therefore it´s the perfect place to take you for the pre-fest-tour. The trip will be two jam-packed and fun-fused days of sightseeing, playing, experiencing, gourmet eating, underground caving, night swimming, laughter yoga-ing and “gettingtoknoweachother”-ing.
From Reykjavík you will be escorted by a top-notch tour guide in a splendid bus towards a plethora of sweet stops and awesome moments which will include visiting the magnificent Settlement Centre in Borgarnes, meeting farmer-cowboys, seeing trolls, checking out a black pebble beach and dining and staying at the The Freezer Theatre in Rif.
The whole group of participants will depart, together, from Reykjavik at 10.30 am on December 11th. Unless you can find a flight arriving before 7am on the 11th you need to arrive in Iceland the night before, on December 10th.
This is an all-inclusive trip. Transport, accommodation, sightseeing/entrance fees and lunch x2, breakfast and dinner is included. Price is 240 euros per person for those staying at the Freezer Hostel, 265 euros per person for those staying at the West Park Guesthouse.
The Freezer has 4 dormitories:
8 person dorm, 6 person dorm, 4 person dorm and 4 person dorm with private bathroom. It also offers two 6 person apartments. Linen is included.
West Park Guesthouse has double and single rooms along with a couple of family rooms for 4 persons. Linen is included.
Registration is via email to: email@example.com, Kári Viðarsson, Deadline for registration and payment will be 1st of October 2018. The minimum number of participants we need is 30 persons. The maximum we can take is 50 persons.
THE ITINERARY IS AS FOLLOWS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
DECEMBER 11TH DAY 1
● 10.30 Departure from Reykjavík
● 12.00 Lunch and storytelling at the Settlement Centre in Borgarnes
● 15:00 Djúpalónssandur and Dritvík – one of the most beautiful lava pearl beaches in Iceland
● 16.00 Exploration into the subterranean lava world at Vatnshellir cave
● 17.30 – 19.00 Getting settled at West Park Guesthouse and the Freezer Hostel
● 19.30 Fish soup a la the chef at Gamli Rifs
● 22.00 Night time swimming at Lýsuhóll (optional)
DECEMBER 12TH DAY 2
● 08.30 Breakfast
● 10.00 Departure
● 10.40 A visit to the Shark museum – Including a tasting of Shark with some Brennivín
● 12.00 Café Rjúkandi Lunch / Concert with the locals
● 15.00 Arrival in Reykjavík
Note: Bring your very best winter clothing. At this time the outside temperature might be less than -10 degrees Celsius and staying warm is essential for enjoying your time in the Icelandic winter.